Monday, November 28, 2011

Biggest day yet!

Each day Barry gets stronger.  He's doing a great job of pacing himself!  Yesterday morning we went to cut down our family Christmas trees.  We go around this time every year to the Santa Cruz mtns, take a picnic, the dog and our 4wd truck to crawl around a hillside and choose just the right trees for our family!  Praise God, this year did not have to be an exception!  It was such fun.  And I really think being out in all that fresh air and green trees did Barry a world of good.

Missio Dei last night was a rather brief but very meaningful time with our faith community.  Barry led the discussion in Acts 12.  We saw God do miracles in Peter's life and I reflected on those in our own.

Thanks again to all who are praying.  Today is the first of many doctors appts.  Today with his general practitioner and in a week or two with the cardiologist.  Please continue the prayers.  I might need them as much as Barry!  God and I are on an amazing journey of trust as I give up my precious husband to God's care and trust him for what lies ahead.  God has given Barry terrific peace and I'm so grateful.  For me, being on this side of the caregiver/patient equation is so different and so uncomfortable.  I understand God giving peace when I'm the one recovering.  I respect Barry's faith and hard work so much more now that I'm on this side.

You all are in our prayers as well!  With much gratefulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment